Season Opening Event for All Sailors on Oologah Lake
March 26, 2022
Get your boats ready!
The Spindrift Sailing Club is planning the inaugural “It’s Not a Race” Rally for all sailors on Oologah Lake. This is a fun sailing event to encourage us all to get our boats ready and out on the water as the weather starts to get warmer.
As the title says, “It’s Not a Race” but the event is about sailing a course and recording a time.
- The course will start at a line between a race mark and the southwest tip of Goat Island.
- Start by crossing this line any time between 2 PM and 3 PM on March 26th. Start recording your time as you cross.
- Proceed to and find another mark that will be placed between about 3 miles northeast of the starting line.
- Turn around this mark keeping it on your port side and return to the start/finish line.
- Note your time when you recross the start/finish line and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HAVE FUN!
- Go as fast as you want or as slow.
- Use any sails you want.
- Play your music as loud as you want.
- Take good snacks.
- Follow the rules of the road.
WHEN YOU’RE DONE, HANG OUT AND GET TO KNOW OTHER SAILORS ON THE DOCK, THEN JOIN THE CLUB MEMBERS FOR THE “LUCK OF THE IRISH” SOCIAL AT THE UPPER PAVILION STARTING AT 6 PM.